Sunday 9 March 2014

Ultimate Creamy- Fudgy Chocolate Cake

It's the weekend.


And weekend means, It's baking time!! I always get excited to bake something whenever weekends is here. 

It means I get to practise on my photography.. (Yes)

I still have so much to learn. 


I 've been wanting to do this chocolate cake for a long time because of the leftover egg whites in my freezer.


But since I always have something else to bake so I keep skipping over and over until I finally have the chance to do this. 


I'm quite a big fan for chocolate. Especially fudgy chocolate cake.
This cake is chocolatey.. I think one slice should be enough for everyone. 

It's sinfully..... CHOCOLATEY.

Yes. I have to type in BOLD because it's really CHOCOLATEY. 

It's looks like brownie, taste like one but it's a cake!

I don't know how to describe this cake you see... you will have to try it yourself.





I topped it off with some fresh strawberries. 
Absolutely delicious. 




Ultimately Creamy-Fudgy Chocolate Cake

Ingredients:

150grams of butter (unsalted)
200grams of chocolate (55 - 70% preferably)
200grams super fine sugar 
40grams unsweetend cocoa powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
5 egg whites at room temperature
130grams all purpose flour


Method:

Preheat oven to 180 degrees celcius.
Butter a loaf pan and leave it aside. 
In a saucepan, melt the butter over low heat.
Remove the pan from heat and add the chocolate and salt, stirring until chocolate is completely melted.
Set aside and let the mixture cool.
In another bowl, mix together sugar and cocoa powder.
Add the egg whites one by one gradually and mix at medium speed for about 5 minutes.
Add the butter and chocolate mixture and mix well. 
Sift the flour and stir until it is completely incorporated.
Distribute the mixture evenly into prepared pan and bake for 30 to 40 minutes.
Let the cake cool on a wire rack and let cool to room temperature. 
You can top this cake off with some chocolate ganache and top it off with some fresh strawberries. 




No comments:

Post a Comment