Sunday 23 March 2014

Cake Batter Oreo Cookies.

I have a secret.  

A big secret. I love chewy cookies. And this cookies are super soft and chewy. 
Actually this shouldn't be a secret. 
It's a confession.







I'm having a cookie day.
I was thinking of oreo and cookies. 
But I do not want to eat plain oreos (although they are perfect enough)

So this is the ultimate combo. 


At first I was having doubt about this cookie. 
How will it taste with cake batter added?
I'm telling you, you won't believe this.

It's super good. 


Balls of love.


The only thing about this cookie, is you have to wait chill it in the fridge. 

Hold your tummy. Because they are going to be the best you taste. 
This was adapted from Deliciously Yum

Her photos are so so much better then me.
My photos can't do much justice to this cookies.
You have to try it yourself to know.
I slightly adapted the recipe. You guys can go over to her blog for the original recipe.



These cookies actually spread during baking. I guess that's the reason it requires chilling.





Cake Batter Oreo Cookies
Make about 16 big cookies.

Ingredients:

3/4 cups (170grams) unsalted butter
1/2 cup (100grams) brown sugar
1/2 cup (100grams) granulated white sugar
1 large egg 
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 1/2 cup (187 grams) all purpose flour 
1 cup cake mix (I used betty crocker's yellow cake mix but you can use vanilla cake mix)
1 teaspoon cornstarch
1/2 cup sprinkles
10 oreos, cut into chunks (whatever flavour you like)


Method:

Cream butter and sugar mixture together with egg, for about 5 minutes. 
Add in vanilla extract and beat till incorporated. 
Slowly add in baking baking soda and salt.
Sift together all purpose flour, cake mix and cornstarch.
Slowly add flour mixture to butter mixture in about 4 parts and stir until flour is completely incorporated.
Add in sprinkle and oreos by using a rubber spatula to mix together.
Use a cookie scoop, (or if you don't have a cookie scoop like me you can use the measuring spoon.I use the 1 1/2 tablespoon to scoop the dough out)
Scoop the dough ball out and place it on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. 
Cover with clear wrap and refrigerate for AT LEAST 1 hour or overnight.
(Ok I have to bold these two words because the cookie dough really needs chilling, just hold your tummy ok??)
Preheat to 180C / 350F .
Remove dough from fridge and and take off clear wrap.
Send them into the oven to bake for about 10 to 12 minutes, or until the sides are slightly golden brown.
Remove from the oven and let cool before storing in a air tight container.


Cookies can last up to one week outside or up to 4 weeks in the freezer.


Finally,

I have one song to give you guys. It's been playing in repeat mode.




  • No comments:

    Post a Comment