Monday 3 February 2014

Rainbow Swiss Roll

Been wanting to try this rainbow swiss roll for quite sometime.. I really have alot of things to bake in mind.. hehee.. Cakes, cookies, pastry, bread whatever involves baking I would like to try. I don't even know when did this passion comes by? Perhaps it's because when we brought our first oven.. This swiss roll smells quite eggy to me.. not sure what went wrong when I was baking. Maybe I beat the wrong way? I would prefer to add abit of vanilla extract to not make it so eggy..

Rainbow swiss roll
Ingredients: 
60g egg yolks
120g egg whites
80g sugar  (divided into two portions of 40grams each)
80g plain flour
1/4 tsp vanilla extract

Colours of your choice

Filling:
100ml whipped cream (or whatever filling you like)
Method:
1. Beat eggs whites until soft peaks. Add 40 grams sugar slowly & continue beating until egg whites are nearly stiff. 
2. Beat egg yolks with sugar till light. Add in sifted flour. Fold egg white mixture into egg yolk mixture in three portions making sure each time it's well incoporated before adding in next.
3. Divide batter into 5 equal portions & add colours. Pipe them into a tray lined with parchment paper. 
4. Bake @ 180 deg C for 15mins.

Filling:

Beat whipped cream till stiff peaks and spread on the swiss roll.




Doesn't look very nice to you isn't it?? 

No comments:

Post a Comment